Cats to Move Uptown to Lamb’s Theatre
Moscow Cats Theatre, the international smash hit from Russia which recently ended an extended engagement at the Tribeca Performing Arts Center, will begin an open-ended run at the Lamb’s Theatre next month.
• • The show, which includes twenty-six cats, two dogs and six clowns, will reopen at the Lamb’s on Feb. 2nd, 2006. Created three decades ago by circus performer Yuri Kuklachev, Moscow Cats Theatre
features "non-stop action by a troop of talented felines performing original and astounding acrobatic feats, integrated into a non verbal, colorful and fun-filled family show."
• • "The cats are the stars of this show," Kuklachev said in a recent statement. "They walk tightropes, balance balls on their noses, do paw-stands, jump from great heights, and unerringly negotiate complex mazes. We glorify them and that’s why we provide the cats with a traveling entourage including a vet, kitty caretakers and personal stylists to tend to the needs of our feline superstars.”
• • The company features Yuri Kuklachev, Yelena Kuklacheva, Inga Gerasimova, Lioudmila Smirnova, Alexander Gerasimov and Eugeny Lazarev.
• • Moscow Cats Theatre will play Wednesdays-Saturdays at 8 PM, with matinees on Saturdays at 2 and 5 PM and Sundays at 3 PM. Tickets, priced $45-$65, are available by calling (212) 239-6200.
• • The Lamb's Theatre is in Manhattan: 130 West 44th Street.
• • Visit www.moscowcatstheatre.com • •
By Andrew Gans • 03 Jan 2006
• • Source: Playbill.com • •
• • Photo: noneNYCSiamese cat